PDA

View Full Version : Trade??

boludaso
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm jones'n for some stereo equipment, but dont have the cash for anything new. I'm still using my 10yr old Onkyo 2 channel (its never let me down) with crappy 3 ways. I've never upgraded speakers due to kids and their love of cone poking and tweeter tweaking.

So if any of you have speakers or a reciever that you'd trade for a mountain bike, let me know. Its a 1992 Trek 8700 carbon fiber/aluminum frame, silver & black, XT deraillers, grip shift 7 speed shifters, newer wheels, halson suspension fork. Will also include extra chain rings, fork(unsuspended), and misc parts.

this was my mistress for many years. its in good shape. the last 5 years its been strickly my road ride. will send photos upon request.

i'm hoping for a 5.1 or higher reciever and Ascend speakers would make you a friend for life. but, beggers cant be choosers. thanks.

aran

KojiroTakenashi
02-07-2006, 09:07 PM
What is the value of this bike?

bikeman
02-08-2006, 03:49 AM
What is the value of this bike?
I hate to break the bad news but the value is not very much. It was a nice bike in it's time but it's time is past, somewhat like a dolby pro logic recevier from the same period.
The most important piece of information when buying a bike (any bike) is size. The wrong size bike is the wrong bike no matter how good the price.

David

boludaso
02-08-2006, 07:36 AM
According to his name, i'd think bikeman knows what he's talking about.

Its value as a commodity is roughly $2-300. As a piece mtn bike history, who knows.

even though used, its still hands down better than any current bike you'd find for around $200.

the bike is a size 18/medium.

thanks bikeman.