PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to University of Texas Longhorns

curtis
01-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Great football game!

Quinn
01-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Vincent F&%K!ng Young and your Bruin ass was rooting for Southern Cal.

I love tequila. Damn good thing I tivoed it!

curtis
01-04-2006, 10:42 PM
LOL!!! Yeah...I was pulling for SC, but not much of a heartbreak for me though. It was a great game....just no answer for Vince Young.

Victor, the guy that hosted the Austin GTG a year ago October, a UT grad, was in town for the game. He and his friends decided not to get tickets at $1K a seat and ended up at a sports bar down the street from me. I went over there to visit........wall to wall UT fans.....I started looking for the BBQ. That place must of went nuts when Young scored that last touchdown.

I love tequila. Damn good thing I tivoed it!
Let us know how you are feeling in the morning. :D

Quinn
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
LOL!!!

Let us know how you are feeling in the morning. :D

Morning! Hell I'm still not asleep!!!!!!!!!! USC sucks and Leinart is a whining b!tch!

MikeAndAnnie
01-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Morning! Hell I'm still not asleep!!!!!!!!!! USC sucks and Leinart is a whining b!tch!

I am both a USC and Ohio State graduate, so got a double whammy this
year from Mr. Young :-(
Congrats to Vince Young and Texas. One man wrecking crew.

BTW, while Leinart did indeed whine, Reggie Bush went over to the Texas locker room and congratulated Vince and the team. Some folks have class, some don't...

metalaaron
01-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I picked Texas this year after they defeated Ohio State at home. Ohio State had a strong football team this year and of course the Longhorns were ranked higher, and obviously stronger in the end. I felt that if they beat OSU_at_home that they were the # 1 team in the nation at that point, but I'm also not working for ESPN or programming their best team ever shows. ;)

Offense won't always win it, but offensive credit has a tendency to outweigh defensive credit. USC's total points were lower than their season average. Definite props to vince young for sure because that was the most remarkable effort I've ever seen from a college quarterback in the 4th quarter. Vince ran a spectacular offense and I'm definitely not taking anything away from that. I have to say that the Texas defense answered the call in a big way as well.

I was rootin for the horns in this one. What an exciting game! :)

curtis
01-05-2006, 09:19 AM
That stop on the Trojans fourth and two was freaking HUGE. Carrol knew they could not stop Young and the best chance they had was to try and control the ball.

I thought it was a good call. Lendell White had been busting through on short stuff the whole game. Texas definitely keyed on him....what a play!

USC then started blitzing Young.....another good tactic, but they let up on a couple of plays, and I thought that gave Young a shot.

Lou-the-dog
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Quinn hasn't posted as of late...I wonder if he ran out of Tequila and finally gave up and went to bed. :)

Randy

curtis
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
The day is almost over....still no sign of Quinn....

Quinn
01-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I hate tequila and 2 day long hangovers!!!!!!!!!!

From watching the replay on ESPN Classic tonight I think LenDale got is bell rung on the first down and possibly again on 2nd down of that last series. Explains his fumble on 3rd down. On the sidelines Mack Brown told his D get this stop and you win the NC. That is confidence in Vince.

I think Vince goes pro. A Heisman isn't worth returning for.

curtis
01-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I hate tequila and 2 day long hangovers!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Was starting to get a little worried. :D

Lou-the-dog
01-08-2006, 06:19 PM
THE QUINN-MAN LIVES!! Hey Quinn, I hope the Tequila hangover didn't take you to the point of, "I'm never going to take another drink for the rest of my life!" Celebrating is fun but the next day (or two days in your case) can be a bitch. Welcome back to the land of the living!!

Randy