PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers and Vogels

joacosole
01-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi,

First post and straight to the point. Has anyone used the Vogels VLB-200 for rear surrounds? If so, can you please tell me if the speakers can be mounted sideways? (speaker sides parallel to the wall)

Thanks,
Joaquin Sole

BTW I will be buying 340SE for the front stage and 170SE for the surrounds in the near future. Need to buy them before i get married and the WAF comes into effect. ;) I'm from Puerto Rico so maybe i translated that last sentence. :D

Lou-the-dog
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes, I believe that Davef has discussed mounting the HTM sideways before. If mounting sideways I believe it is best to mount with the tweeter below the woofers.

Randy

joacosole
01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes, I believe that Davef has discussed mounting the HTM sideways before. If mounting sideways I believe it is best to mount with the tweeter below the woofers.

How about the 170?

Thanks for the quick reply

Lou-the-dog
01-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, the Ascend site shows both the HTM200 and CBM170 configured horizontally when used as a center. To back up a bit, the pics show the tweeter at the top on the HTM200. When mounting high on the wall it has been mentioned to flip the tweeter to the bottom.

Randy

joacosole
01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Let me try to explain my setup so maybe that way, the stand/speaker placement makes sense. My listening position rests against a wall; this is where my sofa is. To each side of the sofa I have tables which are around 13 inches high which is too small to put the rear surrounds. I can’t use stands (facing the listening position) since one of the end of the tables has a corridor. The vast majority of wall mounts that I have seen let you bolt the rear of the speaker and lets you move it horizontally and vertically. With this I can’t angle the speakers enough to the listening position. Now this Vogels lets you clamp the speaker. I’ve seen photos of the wall mount clamping the speaker from the front and back making it the same as the wall mount that sells (which is not in stock) in Ascend. Now my question is, has anyone tried clamping the speakers from the sides thus making the speaker face the listening position?

I hope this clears things up.

Randy, thanks for the input, I’ll take that into account when setting up the HT. Thanks

EDIT: here is a link of the wall mount

http://www.vogels.com/detail.asp?childID=82&parentID=31&plineID=0&ISSAID=270&searchaction=catalog