PDA

View Full Version : Will Ascend sell the new Hsu subs?

davef
12-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Hi Brad,

I have been asked this question (regarding our own subs) almost on a daily basis. Will Ascend ever release their own subwoofer? Probably someday. How soon before that might happen? I would say several years.

The market is incredibly saturated with excellent subwoofers at similar price points. Sure, we could increase our profits by offering our own subwoofer, but truth be told, the Hsu subs would be very tough to beat at this point in time. They are simply that good.

Our relationship with Hsu has remained strong and positive over the years and we will certainly offer their full line of STF subs. Look for these towards the end of January.

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
www.ascendacoustics.com

BradJudy
12-03-2003, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. The STF line does look interesting and I was surprised by their newest move to sell them out of CompUSA (and they were surprised to see CompUSA undercut the factory direct price).

I'm particularly interested in the STF-3 and the upcoming VTF-3 Mk2. Of course I don't think I'll be upgrading my sub anytime soon.

If you could get the paint shop to do gloss black on the 170/340, it would be a great combo with that gloss black VTF-3 Mk2.

Brad