PDA

View Full Version : 4 hours of music / HT coming up!

tjennings
12-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Wooo-hooooo, everyone is now at work and I have the place to myself... going to settle in to about 4 hours of music and home theater - think I'll watch Kingdom of Heaven. Can CRANK IT UP without fear of being reprimanded! :D

tjennings
12-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Ok, break time before the movie - the hi-rez multi-channel session was incredible. Pitch black room, 'reference' volume level (I couldn't really tell I was eating 1/3" thick pretzel braids), three 340's across the front pumping out incredible sound (good heavens, what are the SE's going to sound like????)... it doesn't get any better than this! I even went all-out and used my bulk tape demagnetizer on the discs (hey, can't hurt, can only help). That was fun, selections from:

Take 6 (DVD-A)
Beck - Sea Change (DVD-A)
Spyro Gyra - The Deep End (SACD) - this may be my favorite out of 75 disks
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DVD-A)
Tipper - Surrounded (DVD-A)

Ok, onto Kingdom of Heaven! :)

Lou-the-dog
12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
TJ, you lucky dog! With 5 kids and a dog and a cat, reference level listening/movie sessions are VERY far between for me. Sometimes I can squeak in some at noontime (ahem, you perverts, I AM talking about listening to my Ascends!)

Randy

curtis
12-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Wow! What did you do with everyone?

I can't get my room pitch black...I have to close my eyes.

I just watched UCLA get beaten up by USC.....that really hurt. I know a lot of people at work that are going to be upset that UCLA couldn't beat the spread.

tjennings
12-03-2005, 07:43 PM
My wife and youngest daughter were both working tonight so I had the house to myself (oldest daughter has flown from the nest). This is truly a treat when I get a nice block of time like this to enjoy my system which is in the basement family room. There are only the tiny lights on the receiver / dvd player - and I cover those with a small cloth - so it is quite a trip listening to aggressively mixed MC's in nearly complete blackness. :p

Kingdom Of Heaven also sounded great cranked up!

Lou-the-dog
12-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Ahhh, I figured you'd have to come up for air eventually. :D

Randy