PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else subscribe to satellite radio?

Cliff_L
10-12-2005, 08:29 AM
As a birthday present to myself this year, I just got myself a Sirius Starmate (built-in FM modulator is nice!) with a car kit and home kit. I've only had it for two days now, but I'm totally digging the variety of music available, as well as commercial-free radio!

I was just curious if anyone else here subscribes to satellite radio & what you think about it?

Any Sirius stations/programs/specials that I should be aware of?

In addition, I noticed that you can get an additional subscription for only $7 more a month per radio...could I do that if I got my FIL a receiver, even though he lives in another state?

curtis
10-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I am messing around with XM right now in my car. I am not that impressed with it over regular FM, but I do like the variety of programming that is available.

The feature I do like is XM NavTraffic which is supported by the head unit I installed in my car. It gives me graphical traffic conditions and information real-time.

mboy
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Got a Sirius Starmate replay over the weekend and really used it for 1st time on y 80minute drive home from work today. LOTS of good stuff on their. I mainly bought it to listen to Howard in the AM when he switches and didn't think I would have much use for it, but listening to an interview with Kevin Pollack on the Jim Breuer station, then listening to a wide variety of good tunes, then some Fox news, etc, I am sold.
Just bought my wife a Streamer GT off of ebay today and will sign her up.

Nice deal on the Streamer's on ebay. About $50 shiped with a 30 or 50 mail in rebate (ebay auction says $30, Sirius confirmed the new rebate on the streamer GT is $50, so nice deal.