PDA

View Full Version : Something for the Dave Matthews fans

JohnnyCasaba
09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Good piece on Dave:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39670

metalaaron
09-19-2005, 11:30 PM
who knows. i will say that, in my opinion, their last couple of albums weren't very good and perhaps his disposition towards the DMB had something to do with that even before he publicly advertised it. a lot of the tracks are disconnected, unorganized, unoriginal, computer generated r&b beats, strange, and not the synergistic DMB. i like several dave matthews songs, but a lot of their latest creations had something else going on.

i can see how the dave matthews style gets old because it really is compiled in a few songs, and it can be a bit repetitive. i haven't listened to any of their music in a while now. maybe i'm tired of it as well.

i also submit that one's particular style of music can deviate, and the best artists truly express themselves through music. so, i see where he's coming from with that interview. maybe he's just ready to move on to something else. for example, eric clapton doesn't really play what he used to any longer. i think you can call eric clapton's work an imagery of his life. it appears he's happy now and most of his tracks have this happy, jazzy, major key to them instead of the typical blues.

bikeman
09-20-2005, 04:04 AM
The "interview" was from the Onion. i.e. it's made up. Got ya. ;)

David

sensibull
09-20-2005, 04:08 AM
The article is tongue & cheek. The Onion is a faux news source. You took it entirely too seriously. The top story today, for instance, is "Bush Nominates First-Tremester Fetus to the Supreme Court."

Edit: guess David beat me to it...

metalaaron
09-20-2005, 07:47 AM
HA, i did not even realize that! you got me for sure, awesome. it was quite believable though considering their last few albums. :eek: no more reading at 2am.

nice one!

JohnnyCasaba
09-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Glad you have a good sense of humor Aaron. BTW, you were not the only one I know to think it was a real story.

curtis
09-21-2005, 01:12 PM
OK, OK.....You got me too with it. :)

metalaaron
09-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Glad you have a good sense of humor Aaron. BTW, you were not the only one I know to think it was a real story.

haha, boy was i embarassed but laughing out loud the next morning. (i'm glad you got curtis too) ;) :p

usually one can call bluff on some stories, but i was so confused with their last album that you got me good w/ this. something tells me i'll notice that domain from now on when someone posts news. ;)

tjennings
09-27-2005, 08:44 PM
---