PDA

View Full Version : My eldest started kindergarten this week...

Quinn
08-18-2005, 10:34 AM
So, she is telling my wife and I about PE and the teachers/coaches. My wife asks if both PE teachers are female. To which my daughter responded, "yes they are both women......(pause)......I think." It took everything we had not to burst out laughing.

curtis
08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
That is funny!

You and your wife are in for a lot of good stories, influences, and just plain fun adventure!

My kids start 1st and 2nd grade in a few weeks...9 months of new experiences.

Kurt C.
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Kids are great. The other day the woman who lives below us in our condo complex came up for a visit. We were discussing, among other things, steps we could take to reduce the amount of noise she hears coming from our unit.

Midway through the visit my two year-old son climbed onto a convenient 'launching pad' and got ready to jump to the sofa. The neighbor said to him "is it OK to stand on that (pause)....table?"

Before I had time to say anything he replied "No, it's daddy's very big new subwoofer". Needless to say she didn't find it as funny as I did.

Cheers and Congrats on your eldest starting school!

Mag_Neato
08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
My daughter starts first grade and my son 6th.......when did that happen? :eek:

Kurt C.
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Anyone care to wager how many more times between now and the time my son enters kindergarden I'll mutter "I wonder why this song/movie sounds so f--ked up" before I notice that he's been playing with the settings again. :p

curtis
08-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I have bragged about this many times.....

My kids have been very good with my audio stuff. They know how to turn it on and use it, but they have never gone crazy pressing buttons.

I have never made it a big deal in front of them. I don't mess around with it when they are around. So they don't see anything or think the system is anything special.

They do know that I enjoy the sound, and they seem to follow along with that. I would like to set up a small simple system for them to enjoy in the next few years.....especially for my daughter, she loves music and singing.

davef
08-18-2005, 03:31 PM
So, she is telling my wife and I about PE and the teachers/coaches. My wife asks if both PE teachers are female. To which my daughter responded, "yes they are both women......(pause)......I think." It took everything we had not to burst out laughing.

Quinn,

Too funny and thanks for sharing it with us! I caught my little one practicing his dance moves in front of a mirror the other night... tried to secretly video his *performance* but he caught me "no daddy, no more 'B'ideos" :o

metalaaron
08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
hilarious! ya know, it's the little amusing things that you guys will remember for years and years.

my brother stays w/ me during his college breaks. i woke up this morning and discovered ants crawling on the kitchen counter. ARGGH! i also discovered a knife laying out with peanut butter&jelly all over it (as well as ants). little bro' just signed himself up for a job this weekend. he has specific instructions to stop by Lowes this afternoon, and the rest of his assignment will resume saturday morning --- just in time before he goes back to campus. ;)

congratulations to you all and GOOD LUCK through the school year.

Lou-the-dog
08-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I remember the 1st day of kindergarten for my eldest son (now in 6th grade). The Superintendant (a good friend of mine) had to physically hold on to Tanner while my wife "escaped" out the door. Today we (including Tanner) laugh about it but at the time the little guy just wasn't ready to buy into it all. I mean, lessee, outside riding my trike all day free as a bird or sitting inside being good little boy for teacher...hmmm tough decision! :confused:

Randy

bikeman
08-19-2005, 07:49 PM
n lessee, outside riding my trike all day free as a bird or sitting inside being good little boy for teacher...hmmm tough decision! :confused:
Randy

Some of us never get past this dilemma. :D

David