bikeman
08-15-2005, 01:51 AM
From the latest issue of PC World.

http://www.pcworld.com/resource/printable/article/0,aid,121777,00.asp

David

Kurt C.
08-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Nice article.

If everyone would take the time to read it carefully, we could quit wasting our time with discussions of how cables effect sound/picture quality.

There are really three primary things that matter: the source material, the final output device (which includes speakers as well asmonitor/projector/screen) and the room.

jeh
10-11-2005, 04:52 AM
the only factor left to argue i think would be cable length.

Nicholas Mosher
10-13-2005, 07:18 AM
With video cables I noticed a drastic difference going from a single analog composite cable to a digital HDMI interface.

For speakerwire I run 14ga stuff from Walmart that I bought 100' of for like $7.

fastbike
10-19-2005, 04:29 PM
With video cables I noticed a drastic difference going from a single analog composite cable to a digital HDMI interface.

For speakerwire I run 14ga stuff from Walmart that I bought 100' of for like $7.

Wouldn't you expect the difference to be primarily due to the swap fro m composite to HDMI? I would suspect that a change from composite to component would also show a significant difference.

bikeman
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I would suspect that a change from composite to component would also show a significant difference.
Sure does. It's easy to test as well.

David

mattepntr
10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't you expect the difference to be primarily due to the swap fro m composite to HDMI? I would suspect that a change from composite to component would also show a significant difference.

Composite to component does show a big improvement, but a lot
depends on your DVD player and your display, specifically how they
interact. When I first got my DVD player, it couldn't pass blacker than
black over HDMI, so the digital connection quality was inferior to component.
Then they put out an upgrade that fixed the issue, and now HDMI looks
superior. This is to a plasma display.