PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 1070

JohnnyCasaba
07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Some info on the new Outlaw AVR has just been posted:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/1070.html

bikeman
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
My new AV receiver just cost me $199. Is this one in the ballpark? :confused: :D

David

JohnnyCasaba
07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Hehehe, I don't think so. Price has not been announced yet, but if I had to guess, I would say it will be between 799 to 899.

Lee Bailey
07-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Yep, it's listed at $899.00 at Outlaw. I found it interesting that the webpage for it didn't even mention how many watts per channel!

Mag_Neato
07-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Lee, They are going to update the product page as soon as the 1070 is in stock. I found this info from their newsletter:

Model 1070 News

We are pleased to announce that the first production run of the Model 1070, our long awaited re-entry into the AV Receiver market, is complete and the units are now on the water to us. We expect delivery sometime within the next three weeks, with shipments to you starting about a week or so later.

The Model 1070 has been in the works for almost two years, and while we would have loved to make it available sooner, the lengthy development cycle was needed both to assure that the Model 1070 met our standards and yours as well as to add some new features along the way. The added time was also required to complete rigorous hardware and software testing by the Outlaws and our engineering and manufacturing teams. Beyond that, we put the Model 1070 through three separate beta test cycles to confirm that it is everything we promised. That it is, and more.

For those who are new to the Outlaw family, the Model 1070 is a fully featured AV Receiver, designed to deliver the ultimate in sonic performance at a true value price. While the bulk of our products are separates, some Outlaws only have room for a receiver, or prefer that configuration for price or convenience reasons. Others view a high performance receiver as a configurable starting point easily upgradeable later with a new power amplifier. The Model 1070 was designed with all of these requirements in mind.

The Model 1070’s key features are shown below, and it is worth noting that this receiver is a unique hardware and software platform developed by and for us. It is not based on any other product available.

o A high performance, high current output amplifier conservatively rated at 7x65 watts @ 8 ohms, all channels driven, 20 Hz- 20kHz, THD less than 0.08%.
o Power supply based around a massive torroidal transformer and a total of 90,000 ųF of filter caps.
o All discrete output stage.
o An advanced DSP engine based on the highly regarded Cirrus Logic CS 49400 processor engine.
o All current digital formats including Dolby Digital EX™, DTS®, DTS-ES™ and DTS 96/24™. Available matrix processing modes include Dolby ProLogic® IIx with parameter control for music modes, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Headphone and 5,6 and 7 channel stereo modes.
o Analog bypass mode.
o Extensive analog and digital bass management including 4-way digital crossover. Choice of digital, “true-analog” 80Hz crossover or wire-to-wire bypass for the 7.1 “direct” inputs.
o Cirrus Logic 24 bit/192kHz ADC and DACs
o Independent delay settings for all channels as well as up to 200 mS in Lip Sync delay to compensate for loss of audio sync from digital video sources and displays
o RS-232 port for software/firmware upgradeability and bi-directional control through external systems and keypads
o Video cross-conversion from composite or S-Video to component video for simplified connections. OSD available on component outputs up to 480P.
o A complete suite of inputs and outputs to meet virtually any system configuration:
§ 2x1 DVI video switching (easily convertible to HDMI switching with adapter cables such as Outlaws PDH interconnects)
§ 3x1 component video switching with 100MHz bandwidth for unparalleled HDTV compatibility
§ 4 Audio/video/S-Video inputs, including front panel inputs
§ 4 optical digital inputs, including front panel input
§ 4 coaxial digital inputs, including front panel input
§ Coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
§ Complete preamplifier outputs
§ Front panel headphone jack with level control
§ Audio tape recorder output
§ VCR audio/video recorder output
§ IR in/out jacks
§ Trigger jack for amplifier control
§ Heavy duty, all-metal five-way speaker binding posts
§ All jacks and connections color coded
o All menu selections controllable using the programmable 8-device, backlit remote or front panel controls with either on-screen menus or two line front panel display
o High quality AM/FM tuner by Alps with 30 presets
o Removable power cord

We could go on, but that gives you a good idea of the power, features and functionality of the Model 1070. Of course, there is one more important item here: the price. Although the cost of many key components, particularly metal and copper, has risen dramatically since we began planning the Model 1070, we have been able to hold the line on pricing.

The introductory price for the Model 1070 will be $899. With component pricing and currency conversions in a constant state of flux this is a great bargain, and we pledge to hold this price for at least four months.

Nicholas Mosher
07-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Sounds like an excellent deal for those with budgets that can't stretch for the 990 Pre/Pro and an Amp. Rest assured, that 65Wx7 with a torroidal transformer and 90,000uF of filter capacitance will have way more nuts than something like a Sony AVR with "120Wx10".

Haven't heard it yet, but given my experience with the 950 Pre/Pro, Interconnects, and Outlaw customer support, I know what AVR I'll be recommending to my friends and family... ;)

Jonnyozero3
08-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Would this be worth Ebaying my HK AVR-435 for? :) The two DVI-inputs would be great, but I would lose my auto-eq (still seeing whether I like it...) The 1070 has the same DSP as the HK 235/335. Hmmm. Damn upgrade-itis...