PDA

View Full Version : Set Up Help for a HT Rookie

DJCC6Z51
07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Just ordered my Ascends...should be here by mid-late next week. I have been waiting to order for months and after a lot of work outside the house, it is time to start on the inside. What a great place to start!!

Anyway, in my new home, the previous owner already had it roughed in for speakers which served as rears for him in 5.1. I am going 7.1 so these rough ins will serve as my side or mid speakers. The speaker wire is still hanging out of the walls...the confusion lies in that there are 4 wires per speaker???? Forgive me...I told you I was new to this! To add to the confusion, the colors are different on the left than they are on the right. What are the 4 wires for...I am used to only two.

Also, any other tips and tricks you could give me about set up would be much appreciated. Thanks gang! I look forward to hearing my Ascends soon.

khoi911
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Just ordered my Ascends...should be here by mid-late next week. I have been waiting to order for months and after a lot of work outside the house, it is time to start on the inside. What a great place to start!!

Anyway, in my new home, the previous owner already had it roughed in for speakers which served as rears for him in 5.1. I am going 7.1 so these rough ins will serve as my side or mid speakers. The speaker wire is still hanging out of the walls...the confusion lies in that there are 4 wires per speaker???? Forgive me...I told you I was new to this! To add to the confusion, the colors are different on the left than they are on the right. What are the 4 wires for...I am used to only two.

Also, any other tips and tricks you could give me about set up would be much appreciated. Thanks gang! I look forward to hearing my Ascends soon.

What you need to do is this ... Take the two wires and combine them. Do the same for the other 2. Then you are left with only 2 bigger wires (one positive and one negative which will then connect to your speakers). Ascend even recommends doing this for their bulk wire >> http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/access/cable/speakcable.html

I hope the above explanation makes sense.

Khoi