PDA

View Full Version : The sweet corn is ready!

Lou-the-dog
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
The sweet corn from our large garden out at the farm is extra delicious this year. Last night I gorged myself on 5 ears...dripping with real butter and lightly salted. This morning we picked a few bushels and my wife will can it for consumption thru the winter. Mmmmmmmm!

Randy

Nicholas Mosher
07-26-2005, 10:10 AM
I'll trade you some New England lobster, apples, cranberries, and maple syrup for some of your Mid-West corn, prime-rib, and cheese. :p

curtis
07-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Now I'm hungry.

Nicholas Mosher
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
And you can send me some Avocados, Sonoma Wines, Yellowtail, and Citrus Fruits... :D

mattepntr
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Mmmmmm...cactus!! Who's hungry?:D

bikeman
07-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Mmmmmm...cactus!! Who's hungry?:D

Thanks for reminding me why I left the desert 34 years ago and never regreted it. Riding next to corn fields all weekend never got boring. Another two weeks and we'll be in corn heaven.

David

Lou-the-dog
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Mmmmm! We should plan a GTG with everyone bringing their regional delicacies. Nicholas is in charge of lobster and baked apples, Curtis the wine and fruit desert, me the corn on the cob and prime rib... Bikeman and anyone else?? Mattepntr, I think you're going to have to do a little better than cactus or you are going to be placed in charge of doing the dishes. :D

Randy

bikeman
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
If we hold the GTG in February, I vote Curtis as the host. Syracuse is the snoweist mid-size city in the U.S. We're just a few miles south of the snoweist small-size city in the U.S. Just ta explain my vote.
If we hold it in summer, I vote Nicholas and I put it together. The northeast in summer makes us forget the winter. A great place to live if you're into the outdoors.
Randy would be a compromise between the coasts but I've been to Iowa. Nice people but too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
We could choose to get the VIP tour of the Ascend World Headquarters in which case we could all stay at the Fabrikant Hilton. I'd like to see Dave explain this group to his wife. :D

David

mattepntr
07-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Mattepntr, I think you're going to have to do a little better than cactus or you are going to be placed in charge of doing the dishes. :D

Randy

Not so fast...I'm bringing the margaritas!! A few of those and you won't
care what you're eating!:o

Lou-the-dog
07-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Not so fast...I'm bringing the margaritas!! A few of those and you won't
care what you're eating!:o

Hehe! Margaritas it is! You're officially off kitchen duty then!

And Bikeman...talk of crashing the Fabrikant's is sure to bring DaveF out of lurker mode. :D

Randy

curtis
07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm all for a gathering out here in February. My house is tiny, but you guys can sleep on the floor. I am hoping to move into a bigger place in the next four or five months.

Heck.....maybe Dave will let you all sleep on the floor of the warehouse! :D

Nicholas Mosher
07-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Gathering at my place would be a bad idea. My apartment is less than 1000 square feet... unless you guys are real friendly-like and sit on each others laps... :p

On second thought I don't want that going on in the place I sleep at night. Everyone go home! :p

curtis
07-30-2005, 09:30 AM
OK...so I have been thinking(very dangerous for me).....

If we have a GTG or some sort of forum gathering out here, what would you guys like to do or see?

bikeman
07-30-2005, 02:03 PM
OK...so I have been thinking(very dangerous for me).....

If we have a GTG or some sort of forum gathering out here, what would you guys like to do or see?

More dangerous than you think. If I show up I'll probably stay till the snow goes away. That's usually sometime mid to late April. :rolleyes:

Long trips are out this year. Promised my wife we'd head south and visit her grand daughters. That will blow our travel budget all to heck for awhile. Grand kids cost more than ya think.

David

Lou-the-dog
07-31-2005, 05:40 PM
I have only been thru a corner of California years ago and always wanted to tour more. These days it's tuff for me to get away from the livestock. My Dad and the hired man used to tend to them when I took vacations but Dad's health prevents him from doing so now and the hired hand decided to go back to college. Maybe I could talk my wife into staying home and watching things...NOT! As far as things to see/do??...isn't there some topless beaches around there somewhere? :D

Randy

curtis
07-31-2005, 09:08 PM
...isn't there some topless beaches around there somewhere? :D

Actually...there is....Blacks Beach is about 45 minutes from the Ascend offices.