PDA

View Full Version : CMB-170 audition in Boston, MA?

Kurt C.
07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi,

Does anyone in the Boston Area have CMB-170s that they'd be willing to let me listen to?

Thanks,

dpristin
07-23-2005, 03:16 PM
I live in Andover and I have 340 fronts and center and 170 as surrounds. I guess you could draw some conclusions from listening to 340s since they are considered to have the same sonic signature as 170.

Nicholas Mosher
07-23-2005, 03:24 PM
There you go! Now you might be able to save yourself a trip out my way next month! :D

curtis
07-23-2005, 03:40 PM
There you go! Now you might be able to save yourself a trip out my way next month! :D
I'd probably head your way as well to experience your projector and subs.

Nicholas Mosher
07-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I told him if he wants to check 'em out he has to wait 4-6wks, atleast until I have the PJ and Screen squared away. I'm too self-conscious about showing off my audio setup to strangers using a 13" TV... :p

I plan on getting my PJ this week though! The screen will come sometime in August after I've finished checking samples out.

I have one of those giant green couches like the one in the VW commercial. Torn up, worn out, beat to crap, and busted. Thats next on the list after the PJ setup... :p

Kurt C.
07-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks guys.

Perhaps I'll take Dmitry up on the short term offer and stick with my plan to visit Nick in a month or two.

Nick, your couch sounds perfect. Unless it has springs that induce odd room resonances or stains that a blanket can't hide, I say break out the duck tape and spend your money on more important things!

curtis
07-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Make sure to bring your Athena's so you can do a good comparison.

bikeman
07-25-2005, 08:58 AM
"I have one of those giant green couches like the one in the VW commercial. Torn up, worn out, beat to crap, and busted. Thats next on the list after the PJ setup..." :p

Nick, your couch sounds perfect. Unless it has springs that induce odd room resonances, stains that a blanket can't hide, I say break out the duck tape and spend your money on more important things!

I showed my wife Nicholas's comment yesterday. The look was priceless. I'll show her Kurt's follow-up tonight. Should be good for grins. Thanks guys. You give her... how should I say it...? Perspective. :D

David

Nicholas Mosher
07-26-2005, 06:08 AM
David - You have to have priorities in life. ;) :D