PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Just got my 170s!

Sandman
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Man, I'm truly blown away by the sound of the CBM-170s. I couldn't hook them up fast enough. I was initially concerned that there's no way to anchor them to my Sanus stands, but a lot of DAP Fun-Tak fixed them really well.

The first thing I did was put in Nickel Creek's "This Side" on SACD. This is a really great surround mix and the 170s did not disappoint. Such a soundstage!

The only problem is now I've just got to have the center channel. I just have to. I watch too many movies not to have the center. Should I just go ahead and order it or ask my wife first? :D

ClutchBrake
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
My friend, sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

curtis
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Welcome Sandman!

I am not going to advise you on whether or not to order without your wife's consent.....but I would like to know what other speakers you have heard.

An Ascend center channel is great by the way. :D

BGHD
07-15-2005, 03:57 PM
The only problem is now I've just got to have the center channel. I just have to. I watch too many movies not to have the center. Should I just go ahead and order it or ask my wife first? :D
Pretty funny. You make it sound like a moral imperative to get that center.

Don't ask the wife. Just make sure you play one of her favorite movies first, then she'll surely just give in when she hears how much better it sounds. If you're lucky, she's an action/adventure fan. Otherwise you might have to watch some sappy movie, while you're dying to blast something else.