PDA

View Full Version : Audition request in No VA

BJG2005
07-14-2005, 10:09 AM
I've heard good things about the Ascend speakers and am thinking of buying them. But, I'm a little uncomfortable buying a speaker I haven't heard. If anyone in the No VA area - Fairfax co, Loudoun co or adjacent counties would be willing to let me hear their speakers, I'd appreciate it.

khoi911
07-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I've heard good things about the Ascend speakers and am thinking of buying them. But, I'm a little uncomfortable buying a speaker I haven't heard. If anyone in the No VA area - Fairfax co, Loudoun co or adjacent counties would be willing to let me hear their speakers, I'd appreciate it.

BJG2005,

I also live in VA and was looking for an audition but no one offered. It seems lots of folks on this list live out west. Regardless, I think I am buying them soon. I am also skeptical about an online purchase of speakers but recently I took the plunge with SVS and was very satisfied. I will most likely buy within the next month. Look for me on this forumn. I will most likely post a review of the ascends after I receive them. btw, I plan to buy 340s for the fronts (L,C,R) and am contemplating about the rears. I have some good polks that could find a new job as surrounds but buying acends as a package saves some money so I may just throw in the towel and get surrounds while I'm at it. I'm leaning towards the 170s for surrounds. I am sure they will be fine for HT but I know in the near furure I will step into the SACD and DVD audio arena. From what I read, one should have identical speakers all around where music playback is concerned.

Khoi

Grayson73
04-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I want to hear them also! Anyone in the Washington DC area have Ascends?

khoi911
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm in ashburn if you want an audition. Just let me know.

I want to hear them also! Anyone in the Washington DC area have Ascends?

moehop
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I live in Fairfax VA we can set something up if you like
to anyone
I am proud of my Ascends

BJG2005
04-10-2006, 06:38 AM
I live further west between Purcellville and Middleburg, if you live out this way and want to audition the Ascends. I have the 340s SE. Receiver is the Panasonic XR55. Seems to work well with them. Subwoofer is still on order.