PDA

View Full Version : CBM-170 placement in entertainment center

Ben_Wood
11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Stroms, welcome! I have my front CBM-170s on shelves in my entertainment center. While it might not be the optimal place for them, I haven't had any issues. As long as you have enough room for the ports to breathe (and from the dimensions that you gave, I would say that you do)you should be ok. Also I have my speakers as far towards the front of the shelf as possible. One more thing - I have a couple of books on the shelves to try and minimize any echos.

stroms
11-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome. You mentioned books on the shelves. Do you mean the shelves the speakers are on? If so behind the speaker or on each side of the speaker?

Thanks

Ben_Wood
11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
On each side of the speaker.

tomes
12-28-2003, 02:55 AM
I will have the same issue. My entertainment center will not be against the wall, it will have some space, and I could cut out the backwall in the EC as well. Is this something you would recommend?

tomes
12-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Okay, here's some measurements...

Dimensions of Speaker HxWxD - 12"/9"/10"
Dimension of opening in Entertainment center HxWxD - 13.25"/13.25"/15"
Distance to wall from back of EC - 10.5"
Height from floor (measured to bottom of inside of shelf) - 57"
(for reference, the tv, where the center is placed is 53.5" tall)
Distance between left&right EC opening - 57"
Distance Eye->Screen 185"

Anyone care to comment on how terrible the placement is (distance between speakers, compared to distance to speakers from viewer), the chance of problems with putting the speakers inside the EC, height of speakers etc?

Thanks!

-Tom