PDA

View Full Version : my opinion of ascends

jojo
06-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Well I ve been living with these speakers for about a good month now. And i cant be happier. im going to try to make it short,sweet, and hopifuly not try and rrepeat what many have said about these speakers.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
David and James have been extrememly wonderful. They handle all my questions and concerns and they were patience when i wasnt. That was shipping fault due to Canada customs. Because of their service I will be a lifelong fan and hopefully sway others to consider AScend.

SPEAKERS
I ordered system 2323. 1pair of 170s was Bstock the 340c was Bstock the rest Astock. With the Bstock speakers i havent found the defects yet, but then again i stopped looking after the first inpsection. Thats good that they are perfectionits when it comes to the product.
I personaly like the way they look. to me they look like they sound, clean,tight,and non abrashive. Besides my wife says they look like those monitor speakers the sound mixers us for movies. Thats after she saw what the adr room looks like. I had fun rewatching majority of my movies and i have to say these things are the real deal. dialogue is clear sound effects sound real, speakers disapear and the sound takes over. Without the sub the sound doesnt have the same ummpph. dont get me wrong they sound good without it but once you have a good sub you dont want to listen with out it.

HSU SUB
I have the vtfmk2 this is my first real sub, and i love it. My first sub was a kenwood, not sure what model but it was bought in the late 90's. Well i dont have the sub up much, on the second line from minimal. after playing with placement for me it sounded the best behind the right speaker and tv. i havent push the sub yet to feel more infrosonics but at the voulume i can feel just a bit. i would like to get a bfd soon so i can smooth it out. I can;t compare this to any other high quailty sub like svs because i havent heard it. but to me this sub isnt boomy and all in my space.

RECEICVER
H/K 335 is a good reciever. it has 3 opitcal imputs, 2 compont inputs, seems like a thousand svideo connections. The ezset was fun to play with in my space it was close to what i have setup from DVE. The sound is smooth and not as bright to my ears like my old denon was. its rated at 55wx7 since im using 5 speakers then i have to be using more watts. But its loud especially when listening to music. well when using 6.1 you have to use 7 speakers but what i did was hooked up the 7 speakers and while everything was playing i unpluged one speaker and the single speaker was playing. but i didnt do it with movies. so take that with a grain of salt.

If your looking for a good clean crisp sound that doesnt do bloomy bass or harsh highs like other speakers in this price brakcet. You will fall in love with these speakers right out the box, my wife did. but she really wanted the 340s.
THE UGLYS
SHipping is my main ugly becasue im the guy who wantes it right away. Shiping my bust one speaker, but Ascend will replace it. I wanted the 340's and the 435 but I didnt have the money at the time of ordering. So i say save a little longer to get what you want. overall like i said i love my setup and they wont go no where for a longtime.
Thanks to all those who have posted reviews, shared their experinces becasue they helped with the purschase.

davef
06-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi JoJo,

We are still talking about the various problems that were encountered with Canadian customs... actually kind of funny now that is all over and you are enjoying your full setup :D I mean, we have shipped product by sea to the opposite side of the planet that arrived quicker and in better shape ;)

Regardless, I am happy to hear that you are finally enjoying your system and thanks so much for the review!