PDA

View Full Version : How come it sounds like.....

RandyK
11-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Speakers are not "voiced" in pairs, there is no difference between a left and right speaker. Your left should sound exactly like your right.

If more volume is coming from one side, sounds to me like the balance is off on your preamp or receiver. Switch the left and right speakers. If the right side still has more volume, your problem is either in your amp or your wiring, or even your room acoustics. If the low volume is now on the right side, you could have a problem with your speaker.

-R

Ben_Wood
11-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Randys right, try swapping the speakers and see if there is any difference in sound. Also double check your connections from the dvd player to the receiver and then check your speaker wire connections. Let us know what you find.

SomeDood
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
<font color="blue"></font id="blue">

Ok, i switched speakers and they still sound the same so im guessing its not the speakers (which are great btw) thank goodness. From what i remember correctly my kimber speaker wire is a little messed up, out of the 8 individual wires making up one wire... 2 of them are not connected on one side because i screwed up when terminating them ( its a hassle). So when i get some more time i will clean up the wires a little and double check all the connections. I also noticed both of the speakers sound generally the same as in volume, but alot of the vocals are placed towards the right speakers, it does this on alot of recordings. Do you think this is just the soundstage these things are putting out? Thanks for the help guy . Im a newbie to all of this.