PDA

View Full Version : Audition in the Milwaukee area?

SeanMc
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey guys. I've been reading AVSforum and hometheaterforum for over a year now. I have an entry level speaker set right now (Fluance SX-HTB and SV-6 pair) and I'm interested in upgrading.

The rest of my system is more respectable:
HK AVR-325
SVS PB10
Infocus screenplay 4805
4 aura bass shakers + sherwood to power them

I started a thread at Anandtech (http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=38&threadid=1607826) about my speaker dilemma with more details on my situation.

I'm considering Ascends, Rockets, Swan, Axiom, and B&W mainly. I've spent many hours reading about different options and think I need to start auditioning some of these to see what I like. These are going to by my first set of nicer speakers, so if I do go to an audition I'm going to be an audio noob :p

I'm in Wauwatosa by the way.

Thanks for the help :)

(any advice about stuff not pertaining to an audition is more than welcome too)

Oh, and sorry if I did anything wrong already and I hope this is the right area for this request :o

EDIT: oh, and I'm interested in auditioning any Ascend speakers. I'm thinking 340s up front with 170 or 200s for surrounds/rears.

SeanMc
06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, in case anyone cares, I ended up getting the Onix Rocket 550 Ultra HT package (http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=21.1), so I'm not looking to audition anything anymore.

bikeman
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Good choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

David

merrymaid520
06-17-2005, 09:22 AM
SeanMc,

I live in East Troy and have the 3-340's across the front soundstage and 2 170's in the rear. I run them off of a yamaha rx-v1300 for processing and it also powers the rears. The fronts are powered by a B&K ref 200.3. The speaker setup is only about 2 months old and I love it!

I upgraded from Boston Acoustics and the ascends are much more natural sounding and very clear.

Let me know if you want an audition....everyone likes to show off there system right?

Later,
Brandon

Lee Bailey
06-18-2005, 10:27 PM
SeanMc,

I live in East Troy and have the 3-340's across the front soundstage and 2 170's in the rear. I run them off of a yamaha rx-v1300 for processing and it also powers the rears. The fronts are powered by a B&K ref 200.3. The speaker setup is only about 2 months old and I love it!

I upgraded from Boston Acoustics and the ascends are much more natural sounding and very clear.

Let me know if you want an audition....everyone likes to show off there system right?

Later,
Brandon

Well, now if he comes over and likes the Ascend's better, he'd have to pay a lot of shipping to return the Rockets!

SeanMc
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Well, now if he comes over and likes the Ascend's better, he'd have to pay a lot of shipping to return the Rockets!

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

($191)

Thanks for the offer, merrymaid520, but I can't afford to audition them ;)

curtis
06-18-2005, 10:36 PM
hope they get together anyways.....