PDA

View Full Version : Grestest Moments in NBA history

metalaaron
06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nbafinals/greatestmoment

bikeman
06-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Without a doubt, THE greatest moment was when Syracuse won the NBA title. It just hasn't been the same since. ;)

David

metalaaron
06-07-2005, 09:24 AM
hehe - you're biased! j/k ;)

although, i think whoever made the bracket is friends with MJ.

Dave G
06-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks for pointing this out, metalaaron. But good grief! Where the heck is "Havlicek stole the ball"? Maybe it's missing because it wasn't on TV? I know I listened to it on the radio.

I see they did include the Gar Heard buzzer beater to force the THIRD overtime in game 5 of the Celtics-Suns final series in 1976. That is still the most exciting NBA game I have ever seen.

I see that the Old School starts in 1990. I'm getting old.

Dave

metalaaron
06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
I was a new york knicks fan for years. I despised Jordan, but (somehow) loved to watch him play. Unbelievable is an understatement.

it's probably true that jordan has dazzled and amazed people the most. i would agree that televised games made a stronger presence on this. that probably gives jordan the edge. good point.

the coolest nba encounter i've had was saying "Hey Dr. J" as julius erving walked in front of us during an orlando magic / new jersey nets game a few years ago. dr. j was always sureal to me because the only time i saw him was during old footage. you gained a sense of how well respected he is by observing his presence around the team.

i have to give some props to espn for posting the videos. always fun to watch some of the great moments in sports.

gr1m
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
definitely 1984...blazers selected sam bowie 2nd overall before bulls plucked out some guy named mike

nice

Eddie Horton
06-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Without a doubt, the greatest NBA moment was at the All-Star game when Carl Lewis sung the National Anthem. I don't remember what year it was, but man, oh man!!! I've heard cats getting it on that sounded sweeter. The best part was the way the camera panned around to show the players looking all somber while the Anthem was being tortured by Carl..... they were all cracking up.