PDA

View Full Version : Brothers in Arms SACD

curtis
06-05-2005, 08:50 AM
I got my copy from CD-Wow yesterday, a little over a week since ordering. It was sent from Hong Kong. $19 with free shipping....that is a pretty good deal.

Anyways, the disc is very good, especially since the master recording is 20 years old. The engineers did good on this disc.

s2pdname
06-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree, Curtis. I got mine from CDWow as well. I have only been listening in 2 ch, don't have my 200's for rears yet, but I think this is a great disc. Even though this is 20 years old, wasn't this one of the first digital (master) recordings? I seem to remember reading something to that affect.

curtis
06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Even though this is 20 years old, wasn't this one of the first digital (master) recordings? I seem to remember reading something to that affect.
I am not sure. All I know is that 20 years ago, I did not have a CD player.

BradJudy
06-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Do either of you have the remastered CD version? If so, how does the 2-channel SACD compare to the CD? I've heard the multichannel mix was done well.

curtis
06-06-2005, 02:32 PM
I actually have the XRCD version, compared a little over the weekend, and I think it is a tad brighter than the SACD version. I have not listen to the SACD in two channel yet.

JohnnyCasaba
06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Here is a comparison of the original release with the redbook and 2 channel SACD versions on the new SACD.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=53814&page=12&pp=20

Halfway down on this page, post by Tony Plachy.

s2pdname
06-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Do either of you have the remastered CD version? If so, how does the 2-channel SACD compare to the CD? I've heard the multichannel mix was done well.

I do not have the earlier version, but other user comparisons that I've read agree with Curtis. The majority saying that the XRCD is brighter and/or "tinnier."