PDA

View Full Version : Canadian orders

subversive
06-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Howdy all, I'm new around here, and I have a question about ordering from Canada. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a big Ascend purchase (340s front & center, 170s in back, VTF-3 or 2, HK635) but I'm sick and tired of getting the Canada Customs smackdown when ordering from the States.

So my question is how did you have your stuff shipped and how bad did you get dinged for your Ascend purchase? I definitely don't want my stuff shipped by Canada Post cos they'll charge me the most and rip open every package to boot. How bad are UPS/Fed Ex/etc brokerage fees for these orders?

thanks

Zyzzyva100
06-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry I can't help you with your question, but a free bump.

Just thought I would point out how useless NAFTA is for individuals. Free trade only applies to huge multi-billion dollar companies. God forbid the consumers ever got to save any money. (And yet I know stuff is still more expensive for you in Canada anyway).

Quinn
06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showpost.php?p=9515&postcount=10

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showpost.php?p=8249&postcount=5

jojo
06-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Howdy all, I'm new around here, and I have a question about ordering from Canada. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a big Ascend purchase (340s front & center, 170s in back, VTF-3 or 2, HK635) but I'm sick and tired of getting the Canada Customs smackdown when ordering from the States.

So my question is how did you have your stuff shipped and how bad did you get dinged for your Ascend purchase? I definitely don't want my stuff shipped by Canada Post cos they'll charge me the most and rip open every package to boot. How bad are UPS/Fed Ex/etc brokerage fees for these orders?

thanks

Whats going on subver. well i had one pir of 170's deliverd by canada post. the cost was $35 and it took one month for deleiver and they busted one speaker but david is sending on3 thru ups. i strongly advise not to go threw post. i think ups is on contract with ascend. its best to wait to buy everything at one time to save the most on brokage fee. i dont have the bill from ups yet but i know brokage fee is about $75 plus $5tax. since i live in alberta i just pay gst but i heard other provinces charge another tax.

subversive
06-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the replies, fellas.

jojo, I'll ask to have my goodies shipped via UPS. The only advantage Canada Post may have is when ordering USA made products, such as Ascends, because Customs will only charge tax and a courier will charge tax and a brokerage fee, I believe. But unfortunately I've pretty much had nothing but lousy experiences with Canada Post when ordering from the US, so UPS it is.