PDA

View Full Version : Omnimount 20's

olympiccop2002
05-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Hello folks,

Has anyone had problems with the ball slipping in the joint on the Omnimount 20's? I am really wrenching on the stupid thing but it still seems to find a way to slowly slip back down :mad: . This is for the 170's. Do I need to try something different? Are there any tips or tricks that you have found to work? I am going to call Omnimount on Tuesday and see what's up. The ball now has definate marks on it and the bolthead is almost to the point of stripping. I still have all 4 of these to mount and then the project is finished. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Bjorn

Lee Bailey
05-29-2005, 06:28 PM
I've had the same problem with them. So, I just let the speakers tilt down. I was afraid of breaking off the adjusting bolt too.

olympiccop2002
05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the response Lee. I will see what omnimount says tomorrow. I am thinking about seeing how far I can still screw the bolt in. I will try not to go to the point of failure. We will see I guess.

Bjorn

BradJudy
05-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I had problems initially, but then tightened them more and they stayed up. I just took them down to rearrange the room the the balls have dents in them now.

BTW: I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but did you install the mounts witht he correct side up?

olympiccop2002
05-31-2005, 08:09 AM
I will try to tighten them a little more. Those sound like famous last words don't they? :) I followed the instructions on the sheet sent with the omnimounts so I believe that they are correct. Thanks.

Bjorn

jimsiff
05-31-2005, 09:45 AM
I had problems initially, but then tightened them more and they stayed up. I just took them down to rearrange the room the the balls have dents in them now.

BTW: I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but did you install the mounts witht he correct side up?

For my benefit, which side should be up? I just got my Omnis from Ascend and plan to install my surrounds this coming weekend.

Thanks,

BradJudy
05-31-2005, 09:57 AM
The fixed side should be up and the adjustable side down.

BGHD
05-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Mine are working fine (170s at just below 90 degrees to the wall), but it did take some serious elbow grease with the hex wrench and pliers. I was worried at first too about overdoing it, esp with the metal squeaking and all, but it worked. Also, the holes in the ball thingy are normal.