PDA

View Full Version : Last Try.......................

soundfreak38
05-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Hello there forum members. I have tried and tried to find an Ascend owner in my local are that could offer me a demo. I reside in Northwestern Kentucky which is part of the 270 area code area. The Southern Indiana (Evansville)area is just right across the Ohio River from me and is in the 812 area code area. Furthermore, the Southern Illinois area is not too far away either and is part of the 618 area code. The Louisville, KY area would not be too bad if I had to drive there which is the 502 area code. However, I do prefer to find someone in the 270 area code or at least someone within 50 miles of it. This is the last time I am going to ask. Maybe I will have better luck this time. I am very interested in hearing the CBM-170's and the cmt-340m or 340-c. It would also be nice to hear one of the Hsu subs as well. So please if you are an Ascend owner and you reside in one of the aforementioned areas why not give me a demo? Thank you for your time.
Phil

GrahamMc
05-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I wish I could help. I'm just outside of Mobile, AL. It's an awfully long drive, but you're welcome to come take a listen! I have a set of 7 CBM-170s and a Hsu STF-2. If you're interested in a road trip, let me know!

Graham McCollum
grahammccollum@email.com

s2pdname
05-19-2005, 08:42 AM
I currently have 170's FL & FR and a 340c hooked to a Denon AVR 3803. In about a month (crossed fingers) I will have the complete set-up by adding 200's (rears) and a STF-2.

It's quite a drive to my place, as well, but if you wish I would be happy to let you listen. I'm in Bloomington, IL we are about 4 to 5 hours from Louisville. Although just ordering a pair of 170's and risking the $16 shipping (if you don't like them) would definitely be less expensive than the gas money it would take to drive here.

Eddie Horton
05-19-2005, 10:58 AM
If you're ever on your way to Graham's place in Mobile, you could swing by my place in Birmingham for a little "pre-demo".

BGHD
05-20-2005, 12:36 PM
With the cost of gas now, wouldn't it be cheaper to have it shipped, even if you returned them (which I doubt)?