PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wait for Revenge of the Sith

bri1270
05-16-2005, 01:13 PM
All of the reviews have been good so far...Can't wait to see it.

smokey
05-16-2005, 03:16 PM
The whole office (~150 +spouses/kids) is going together Friday night. I'm pretty excited, but definitely tempering expectations after the craptacular last two. For anybody looking for inspiration to see it, though, try and catch the animated Clone Wars episodes from the Toon network. They are really good!

-Smokey.

metalaaron
05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
i can't wait to see it

bri1270
05-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Check out the reviews on www.imdb.com - do a search for Reveng of the Sith and then scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are a ton of people that were disappointed in the last two movies, and thought this one was great. I've been a huge fan since the beginning, had all the figures and ships and toys and crap as a kid. I think my poor parents actually funded Return of the Jedi. Anyway, I wasn't all that disappointed with the first two. They had their issues, but they were okay. My expectations for this one are very high though.

Eddie Horton
05-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I hate to admit this, but I haven't seen any of the "new" Star Wars movies.

metalaaron
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
there are a lot of midnight showings kicking off this week. i went to one of those for episode 2, but i won't attend this one. probably the craziest premiere i went to was planet of the apes. (the new one) there were people dressed up like apes, everywhere! i was pleasantly surprised and comforted to discover that i was not the biggest nerd at the show simply for showing up at midnight. ;)

bri1270
05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I was considering the midnight show, but I think I'll catch the matinee tomorrow...should be a little less crazy.

curtis
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I gave the OK for one of the guys in my department to come in late tomorrow since he is going to the midnight show tonight.

tamuct
05-18-2005, 03:10 PM
because not only am I going to see Star Wars, I get to see it during work hours! Oh, we also get food and drinks too...all courtesy of one of our vendors.
Whoohoo! :D

Lee Bailey
05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Last night we had some friends come over that are going to watching the movie early Thursday morning. We watched Episodes I and II, skipping the boring parts and getting to the action. Lots of fun for all, the women talked in another room, and the guys played it loud!

I'll probably wait a week or so, then go and watch it.

I'm looking forward to Batman Begins. It is supposed to be release in IMAX as well.

curtis
05-18-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm looking forward to Batman Begins. It is supposed to be release in IMAX as well.
My friend (an Axiom owner) is working on the IMAX version.

Quinn
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't know why I'm completely uninterested in this installment. I guess it is because the other two SUCKED!

mattepntr
05-19-2005, 05:08 AM
I don't know why I'm completely uninterested in this installment. I guess it is because the other two SUCKED!

I'm with you, Quinn. And I WORKED on one and two! I take all
the good reviews with a massive dose of skepticism. I'm sure it's
better than the other two, in some ways. We're finally getting
all the drama and story momentum we should've been getting
all along. I always tell friends that watching the first two films
is like watching 4 1/2 hours of interstellar C-SPAN.

After the snoozefest of EP1, the critics generally liked EP2 better
at the time of it's release. At least something seemed to be happening
in it. So I read the positive reviews on Sith with a raised eyebrow.
It may be better, but that doesn't mean it's GOOD.

Still, I hope it is. ;-)

Mag_Neato
05-19-2005, 06:16 AM
I'll see it with my son when things die down a bit.

Watched the last 40 minutes of the "Smallville" finale' last night.....there was a ten minute special preview of "Batman Begins" following the show. Looks very promising!!

Nicholas Mosher
05-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Took in the midnight showing...

I give it http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star35.gif out of http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star5.gif.

Nicholas Mosher
05-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Bump... hehe... I posted a few of my personal ratings... :D
Personally I liked Episode I the best (out of I, II, and III).

jojo
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree this movie was good, since im a writer in spare time i would have done somethings a little different but i was worth watching.

bri1270
05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Well I took the day off today, and I decided to take in the 10:20 AM show. It was pretty good. There was definitely a ton of action, and the story was pretty good. We all know what happens, so there were no real surprises. There were some things I would like to have seen done differently, or that I had pictured differently, but that's pretty much how I felt about I and II also. I thought Hayden Christianson was better in this one than he was in II. But there is still NO chemistry between him and Natalie Portman whatsoever.

Anyway, all in all I enjoyed it. It was a decent end to a great beginning.

There definitely should have been more Darth Vader.

metalaaron
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
i'm giving this one a 8/10 - the movie represented the development of darth vader who, in a sense, brought balance to the force. it put a classy and entertaining exclamation mark on the saga of star wars while paving the way into the heritage of the original episodes. the action was intense, and the special effects were superb. without a doubt, i can not wait to complete my star wars library with this title.

star wars 1977-2005. thanks lucas. it's been an absolute blast.

Cliff_L
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I saw the late show with a friend Friday night, and I only give it a "meh" rating. Some of the action sequences were well-done, but some didn't make any sense. The acting was mediocre at best, and the dialogue was pretty horrible. The scenes with Anakin & Padme were cringe-worthy IMO. I disliked Eps. I & II quite a bit, and this one was only moderately better.

The movie felt rushed at some points and like the first two, IMO, felt like we were skipping quickly from scene to scene. Just when I felt like the scene was developing nicely, there'd be a wipe & we'd be off somewhere else.

I'm glad the movie finally ties everything together, but it just confirms to me that Mr. Lucas needs to hire someone else to do the screenwriting. My friend & I literally laughed out loud during the dialogue between Yoda & Palpatine.

2.5/5 stars for me.

Nicholas Mosher
05-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Went and saw it again...

I'll maintain my http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star35.gif out of http://mysite.verizon.net/nicholasmosher/star5.gif rating.

Mag_Neato
05-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Saw it yesterday with my son. I'd place it in second behind "Empire", and even with "A New Hope". Once I see it again I may change the standings, but my son and I really enjoyed it.

jimsiff
05-31-2005, 09:50 AM
My sons gave me Episode 1 and 2 on DVD for my birthday. We'll be watching those at home, then go see the new one in a week or two. Should be fun. I haven't seen AOTC yet, so it should be cool.

metalaaron
05-31-2005, 10:03 AM
enjoy. i'd have to say that empire is my favorite as well. i've probably watched it 50 times.

tw1zt3d
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
i hafta say...of the new 3, this one is definitely the best even though it felt a bit "rushed"...while the first 2 of the new ones are at the bottom of my list, ROTS is definitely in my top 4 :p :D

nhan070
06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
The wife and I are planning to see it this weekend since thing has died down a bit. I'm hoping that this one won't disappoint me like EP1 & 2 did...geez... In fact I just watched New Hope last night and it's interesting to see the "pieces of the story" aligned up thus far....

Mag_Neato
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
After seeing "Sith", my son and I watched most of A New Hope. You really gain a new perspective on the original trilogy after seeing Episode III. My son, who never really cared to watch the original Star Wars, could now make a connection to it.......pretty neat! He would turn his head and look at me smiling when certain events were referenced, such as the fact Ben Kenobi fought in the Clone Wars with Luke's father.

bri1270
06-03-2005, 01:19 PM
***Spoiler***

I've been an avid fan since '77, and I have to say that this movie just pissed me off. I could deal with Jar-Jar in EPI, and I can live with Hayden Christianson's stiff acting, but what I really could not take was the whole Darth Vader breaking free from his restraints and yelling ala Frankenstein's Monster...just too out of character. I watched the original again the other night, and I was even more irritated by the ROTS portrayal. When I think of Darth Vader, I think of leashed rage, seething, yet in complete control, not a freak throwing a spaz. It's too bad really, because aside from that I thought it was okay...

curtis
06-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Finally saw the movie last night.

I thought it was the best of the last three, but didn't strike me as a great movie....good...but not great.

nhan070
06-21-2005, 06:27 AM
....didn't strike me as a great movie....good...but not great.

My impression was pretty much the same. What's interesting to me is considering how "low tech" the older movies were, they were actually quite entertaining without all that razzle and dazzle.