PDA

View Full Version : Colorado audition request

jeffinsalida
05-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Is there any one in Colo that has speakers I could lisiten to? I live in salida but go to Denver, Springs and Pueblo often. I will be in Denver this weekend and next May 13th & 20th. I am interested in Rockets, Swans, Axiom, and Ascends. I have an HSU sub if anyone would like to hear that. I would bring the beast to your house if you want. Thanks. jdenwalt@amigo.net or 719 221-1318

jeffinsalida
07-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I will try this again. I got to hear the Axiom's and can remove them from my list. I guess I'll go to the Rocket GTG in Aug at Boulder. So I still would like to hear the Ascend 340's and Swan 5.1's. Thanks for your consideration.

curtis
07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Which Axioms did you hear?

If you make in to Los Angeles, I will gladly give you the remote and listening time! :)

BradJudy
07-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Jeff,

I guess I missed this one before (it was when I was on vacation). I'm north of Denver in Louisville, but if you are coming up to the AV123 GTG in a month, it's in my neighborhood. I only have a 340 center and the rest are 170s. I also have a Hsu VTF-2 sub.

jeffinsalida
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Bradjudy, thank you, my contact info is in this thread. I am most interested in the center. (100% HT)
Curtis I heard Axiom's M60ti. They gave me an earache. Not that I have a highly trained ear or even worse I might pick B0se in a blind test. :o Don't laugh Craigsub- more would than will ever admit it. I just don't have much exposure to good sound. My Current setup is an Energy Take 7.1 system. I am confident that with any of my short list (Ascend 340, Swan 5.1, Rocket 550) I will get a great product, great value, and top notch customer service. Just so hard to pull the trigger. :confused: The worst part is the wife says I should spend $1500 to $2000 for my front stage and it is time to use the money I saved for this purchase. :) I have the HSU VTF3MkII.

Mag_Neato
07-11-2005, 05:05 AM
Bradjudy, thank you, my contact info is in this thread. I am most interested in the center. (100% HT)
Curtis I heard Axiom's M60ti. They gave me an earache. Not that I have a highly trained ear or even worse I might pick B0se in a blind test. :o Don't laugh Craigsub- more would than will ever admit it. I just don't have much exposure to good sound. My Current setup is an Energy Take 7.1 system. I am confident that with any of my short list (Ascend 340, Swan 5.1, Rocket 550) I will get a great product, great value, and top notch customer service. Just so hard to pull the trigger. :confused: The worst part is the wife says I should spend $1500 to $2000 for my front stage and it is time to use the money I saved for this purchase. :) I have the HSU VTF3MkII.

My wife tells me if it ain't free, forget about it! :D

curtis
07-11-2005, 11:10 AM
The worst part is the wife says I should spend $1500 to $2000 for my front stage and it is time to use the money I saved for this purchase.
That's the worse part? :D What happens if you don't spend it?

jeffinsalida
08-07-2005, 12:50 AM
If I don't spend it then I just keep on saving. But I'm convinced that to get performance upgrades it will have to be at the $4-$5000 level. Don't think I need to go there. Of course there are other upgrades- -Perf screen, RDES, seperates, room treatments, amps, bigger or more subwoofers, more DVD's fancy lighting, stage, better seating, beautiful velvet curtains, professional calibration, custom racks (not for the wife) ??? Does this ever end??? :) hopefully not :D

Jonnyozero3
08-14-2005, 09:00 PM
custom racks (not for the wife) ???

Now that was funny. I award you ten humor points. Also - if you want to drive the 8 hours to Omaha you can check out my CBM-170/CMT-340 setup :p