PDA

View Full Version : Hi-resolution pictures

dae3dae3
05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not real happy with the quality of these pictures but here is a link. Please read and follow the directions on the page. Sorry about the no technical support disclaimer on the page but I really don't have time to troubleshoot everybody's Internet Explorer settings. :o

I hope you all like the "Audiophile Grade" TV tray speaker stands. :D I still haven't got my stands. :rolleyes:

http://66.208.xxx.xxx/ascend/ Edit: Link no longer works because I took it down due to repeated hacking attempts.

jimsiff
05-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Nice pictures! What camera did you use for those?

LampCord
05-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Nice pictures. The woofers look really cool. I'll definitely need to keep the speaker covers on, I just know my kids are going to want to touch that!

Nice to see someone actually put some thought into designing binding posts in a way that makes them easy to get to. What a concept!

If you think those speaker stands are funny, I'm going to use my old JBL's for mine until the real ones get here!

shane55
05-09-2005, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=LampCord]
Nice to see someone actually put some thought into designing binding posts in a way that makes them easy to get to. What a concept!
QUOTE]

Absolutely... the binding posts are well done. Very easy to deal with!
You're right. Good design... what a concept.

shane

dae3dae3
05-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Nice pictures! What camera did you use for those?

It is a Sony Cybershot 2.1 Megapixel camera. I can't remember the model. It is about 4 years old. Not really a top of the line model anymore but it does a decent job.

dae3dae3
05-19-2005, 05:50 AM
OK Guys.

Stop trying to hack my web server.

Ever since I posted the link here there have been fairly regular attempts to hack the server. :mad:

I didn't have this problem until I put up this link. :(

I would like to provide these pictures as a service to people who are in the shopping process but I can't put my company on the line if this continues.

Thanks

Quinn
05-19-2005, 06:27 AM
It is bot programs harvesting your address. I would just edit it out. Maybe if you use mark-ups instead of the address it would solve the problem. Your link (http://66.208.137.233/ascend/) as a mark-up.

dae3dae3
05-19-2005, 06:36 AM
I was logging activity and it was a little more malicious than bots.

I have locked down the firewall. Unfortunately, this means that the link will no longer work.

Its too bad a few bad eggs have to ruin these things for everyone. Most people would not have even known about the activity on their server but I have more security resources than most people.

Sorry everybody. :mad:

sensibull
05-19-2005, 08:17 AM
An even greater impetus to get the "Gallery" feature going on this site. Is that still in the works?

jimsiff
05-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Darren,

That's too bad. Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with hacking attempts. Hopefully the gallery will be online some time soon.

LampCord
05-19-2005, 10:48 AM
I was logging activity and it was a little more malicious than bots.

I have locked down the firewall. Unfortunately, this means that the link will no longer work.

Its too bad a few bad eggs have to ruin these things for everyone. Most people would not have even known about the activity on their server but I have more security resources than most people.

Sorry everybody. :mad:

I know exactly how you feel. I just went through this with another forum where I had my avatar linked to one of my sites. I'll never use one of my business sites for any forum links again.

Eddie Horton
05-19-2005, 11:02 AM
It's really bad when enthusiasts can't get together and enjoy their hobby without some retard screwing it up for everyone. Hurry up with that photo gallery Dave and Co.

Quinn
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I didn't mean the bot was doing it but that bots harvest them for hackers.

smokey
05-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I have to say, I find Quinn's explanation the most likely, but yes, a gallery is in the works. We should have it up pretty soon. Sorry about the delay.

-Smokey.

Lou-the-dog
05-19-2005, 06:47 PM
I feel like I know most of the folks around here pretty good. I really don't feel that any of them would be the one doing the damage. I'm sure Quinn is spot on in regards to this.

Randy